Monday, August 17, 2009

Some things never go out of vogue....

It seems that many of us are doing this these days:



And I'm trying to live by this code:



And I'm attempting to do this well:



But so far I've got a jungle in my backyard, along with a few cherry tomatoes and a rock-hard squash. Anyway, I'm looking to the wisdom of the past to get through these tough economic times. Crafting is one of those "little luxuries" that need not break the bank and really adds to the enjoyment of life. At least, that's my two cents!

These and other vintage war posters can be found in Northwestern University's World War II poster collection.

2 comments:

  1. What a great link...I'm trying to make do wiht my clothes as well, but, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Living simply is hard, especially in our consumer culture...so I empathize!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!