Friday, August 14, 2009

Granny's Shawl

Today is my grandmother's 91st birthday. I have been making a shawl for her for over a year now (yes, I feel guilty that it is still unfinished). Granny is like a little bird, and this shawl already fits her frame, but she requested an extra-large shawl so she could wrap it completely around her arms.



Here is a close-up so you can see the stitch pattern (and my mistakes!):


I'm using Priscilla Hewitt's All Season Shawl Pattern. She has written many free patterns, so if you like to crochet, check out her website. I couldn't find Aunt Lydia's Denim yarn in white/bleached anywhere last year, so I substituted Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Snow.

I should have had this done by now, but I've always had trouble finishing the crafts that I start. So I've set myself a goal to finish this by the beginning of September. Wish me luck!

And Happy Birthday, Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!