Monday, August 6, 2012

Madison Avenue Monday: How To Trim a Tan

What a great idea -- to sew a bikini using decorative ribbon trim -- courtesy of this ad for Conso trims from 1972.

There's been a few changes since 1972.  You can still buy Conso trim, though the Conso brand is limited to home decorative trims such as gimp.  Decorative ribbon trim is sold under the Wrights label, as Conso acquired Wrights in 2000.  Conso International (a.k.a Simplicity Creative Group) is also the owner of Boye needles and the Simplicity pattern brand.

From McCall's Pattern Fashions, Summer 1972.



4 comments:

  1. Showing my age here - I so wanted to make that when I was 12 in 1972!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's really, really cute and if I were still 12 and could wear a bikini I'd totally make one! (LOL)

      Delete
  2. As someone who burns faster than a piece of toast, I've never been an intentional tanner, but my sister (who has darker, more olive toned skin than my creamy epidermis) tans up like a Coppertone model and would gorgeous in this retro swimsuit.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are HILARIOUS! You're the founding member of the SPF 100+ club, right? *wink*

      Thanks for leaving a comment dear Jessica!

      Delete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!