Thursday, February 11, 2010

Vintage Thingies Thursday: "Love is Like a Song" Sheet Music

In anticipation of Valentine's Day, enjoy some of the popular love songs from years past out of my vintage sheet music collection:


 
1923 


  
1934

1942


1947


1953

I think early 20th century sheet music cover illustrations tend to be much more visually interesting than those from mid-century onward.  Anyway, I'll bet that there are some other love-themed Vintage Thingies Thursday posts today that you might enjoy, so you may want to stop by Coloradolady's blog and check them out.

This weekend the love theme will continue with a Vintage Valentine Card Party on February 14th.  Don't miss it!

7 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful! I see them sometimes at estate sales and its funny...sometimes they sell for nothing and other times the people want SO much money! Its hard to know what people are going to charge - but your right the images are wonderful!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very nice collection of sheet music. have a couple I will feature soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I think you are right...so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those really are wonderful. My mom has some somewhere. I remember them being on the piano when I was young.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and fun collection. I've seen some of the older sheet music at Goodwill,now I wish I had bought it. Happy vintage finds..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all. I generally collect only the sheets that have interesting graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so fun! Do you play the piano? I have a few pieces myself. The colors are so pretty.

    Sorry so late to stop by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!