Friday, February 3, 2012

Back in the Saddle


When you fall off of a horse, you just have to pick yourself up and get right back in the saddle....

Hello vintage lovers, are you still with me?  I hadn't realized that I would need a long break after the stress of last December with sick family members among the usual crazy holiday stress.  I'm still trying to get back in the swing of things, and I'm sorry that the blog has been little more than a few Madison Avenue Mondays in January.

One of the things I've debated about telling you all for the past 2+ years I've been blogging is about my health.  I've never wanted this blog to be a showcase for every little detail of my life but a celebration of vintage and a place to share my creative interests and passions.  I'm also not a tell-all kind of person.

That said, I think it's time for me to tell you that, like my good friend Jessica of Chronically Vintage, I also suffer from some chronic problems (migraines, fatigue, etc.)  that limit my ability to be here and keep the blog going sometimes. External stress makes it all worse, hence the need to recover over the past month.

So....if you don't hear from me sometimes, don't worry too much about it, I'll eventually be back. 

And just so you know, I love it when you comment or write to me.  A few of you have written me emails that I just haven't been able to read or answer in the past couple of months.  I will respond to you when I can.  I always appreciate it when people write me and leave comments, so please, keep them coming.  That's one of the things that makes this blog worth writing.



Anyway, I'm slowly getting back in the saddle because sharing my collections is fun for me, and hopefully fun for you too.  I've got a couple of projects in the works for you, like an apron tutorial and also a field trip post in the works, so stay tuned.....


5 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Collette,

    I know how challenging it can be to find a balance that you're comfortable with when it comes to discussing your health on your blog. I juggle more than 12 different chronic illnesses and could write a novel sized post on a different one every day, but that's not the side of me I want to convey to the world most of the time.

    My blog is a sanctuary of sorts from the worries of my health, but sometimes it helps others to know you better by discussing some of the personal/health matters you're going through with your readers.

    You are a strong, amazing, inspiring woman, and I'm sure that your blog readers will always understand your situation and be here for you.


    Endless hugs & understanding,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, you are too kind dear. Thank you for the uplifting comments.

      Delete
  2. know the feeling at 70 i do great for a 70 year but i wear out fast. love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back Collette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments, they really mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!