Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Cleaning?


via Pinterest

It's that time of year, isn't it?  And it's never as fun as she makes it look in the photo. 

I thought I'd re-post Peg Bracken's snarky and fun housekeeping tips from the I Hate to Housekeep book again this year for the reluctant housekeepers among my readership (we are a silent minority, I think!).   Reluctant to clean or not, everybody likes to live in a tidy space even if we would rather pursue our hobbies than clean house.  As such, I find some of Peg's practical advice, originally directed to the 1960s housewife, to be applicable today:


And Peg's writing is always good for a laugh.

Do you have cleaning tips that make housekeeping faster, easier, or possibly even fun?  Feel free to share them here.


5 comments:

  1. I am retired and the first thing I said to myself is NOW I will have time to really clean the house. Guess what - you don't have time. My house was cleaner when I was working. My tip is always have baking soda and vinegar near by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I guess the only way to have a clean house all of the time is to hire a live-in maid (in my dreams, of course). I also use vinegar; it is one of my favorite earth-friendly cleaning products.

      Delete
  2. No tips cause no matter what it's gonna get dirty - again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, you're not odd at all! I used to enjoy cleaning and love having a clean house but I don't enjoy it AT ALL anymore because of my health issues (it simply causes too much pain to vacuum, dust, scrub, etc). I do still enjoy organizing, though, and find that less taxing than the recurrent grind of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!