Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentine Heart Pins

I have long wanted to make the Valentine heart pins that Molly created over at The Purl Bee. I always thought they were a bit plain, though, so I decided to embellish mine a bit.  I spent the afternoon making these:


I simply glued a smaller felt heart onto the pink heart.  The red heart features french knots and a stitch I've recently learned and love called the rice stitch or crossed corners; it is a cross stitch variation.  My version is a variation on the variation as the corners and the cross bars are not the same length.  I like the effect.

I have quite a few sheets of Eco-fi felt in a different colors, but I used scraps leftover from my felt Christmas trees, making these nice little scrap-busters. 

They make up quickly and Valentine's Day is right around the corner, so have a peek at the tutorial and make a few of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!