Saturday, July 17, 2010

Coming Clean

Time to come clean!  Some of you who I talk to on Twitter (correction:  used to talk to on Twitter!) or via email already know that over the past few months I've developed this awful inflammation in my hands from too much typing and repetitive-motion computer work.  I've had a hard time crocheting too, which is why you haven't seen a new project in a while.  It's also hard to sew when your hands hurt.

Dear readers, I do hope that you'll understand that this is why the pace of blogging and listing new items in the shops have slowed w-a-a-a-y down as of late.  I have to limit my computer time right now or risk further difficulties. Still, you'll have a brand new Tommorrow's Vintage Collectibles post this week, and then I'll take a short blogging break in order to post some vintage sewing patterns at SerendipityVintage.com

So, enjoy this rather silly late 1960s Joy diswashing liquid commercial, which is good for a gander at the hairdos and frocks of the period if nothing else:



And don't forget to enter the July Meet the Artist giveaway for a vintage-style fancy dress "whimsy" hat by Bennett Millinery.  It will be perfect with your little black dress at your next soiree!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, be well. I have been increasing my computer time (studying to be a medical transcriptionist) and have found with the hours I spend, an ergonomic keyboard to be a huge help. I have the microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000, it was about $50 but it works well to save my poor wrists and hands. I have cut way back on crocheting for now, until I am done with the classes. When I start working I will get back into the crocheting because I will work less hours than I study!! Check out the keyboard, maybe it will help you too, I hope it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your injury, rest up and take care of yourself! That's something I'm afraid of too since I spend all day on a computer and all night on a computer or sewing machine... so of course your readers understand.
    Hope you feel back to normal soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your hands are feeling better. The dishwashing commercial made me smile! Take care Collette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone -- I appreciate the well wishes! And thanks for your understanding.

    Sorry about not getting to do the Tommorrow's Vintage Collectibles everyone -- still working on it s-l-o-w-l-y!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!